php-general Digest 26 Aug 2002 03:54:38 -0000 Issue 1547

Topics (messages 114059 through 114096):

Re: trouble with function
        114059 by: Michael Sims
        114062 by: Justin French

Re: Base64 and MS Word cutting and pasting.
        114060 by: Dennis Moore

test ;)
        114061 by: Vortec

register_globals off or on, why on
        114063 by: Peter J. Schoenster
        114064 by: Rasmus Lerdorf

Re: GD lib.  image quality!
        114065 by: Dave at Sinewaves.net
        114070 by: Jason Reid
        114083 by: Rasmus Lerdorf

MySQL PASSWORD() Question
        114066 by: Tony Harrison

if/else & mail() problem..
        114067 by: eriol
        114068 by: Tony Harrison
        114069 by: eriol
        114075 by: eriol

Re: Count number of rows in table.
        114071 by: salamander
        114072 by: Chris Shiflett

upload file
        114073 by: Daniel Guerrier
        114074 by: eriol
        114076 by: Chris Shiflett
        114077 by: Daniel Guerrier

What's the trick ?
        114078 by: N. Pari Purna Chand

Can someone - anyone see my error?
        114079 by: JohnP
        114080 by: David Freeman
        114087 by: Seairth Jacobs
        114089 by: Eric Pignot
        114091 by: Jason Reid

Help with matchng strings
        114081 by: rdkurth.starband.net
        114082 by: Rasmus Lerdorf
        114085 by: rdkurth.starband.net
        114086 by: Bas Jobsen

Numbers to Roman Numerals - Native PHP Function?
        114084 by: Dave at Sinewaves.net

Doing system things with PHP
        114088 by: Liam MacKenzie
        114090 by: Eric Pignot
        114092 by: Chris Shiflett

Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
        114093 by: hugh danaher
        114096 by: . Edwin

Only show certain files in directory
        114094 by: rdkurth.starband.net
        114095 by: Justin Garrett

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]


----------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Begin Message ---
On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:49:00 -0500, you wrote:

>static $myrow;
>if($myrow = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
[...]

Oops.  We want to remember the position of the result set, so it's
$result that should be static, not $myrow.  In addition, you'll have
to put a check at the top of the function to see if $result is still
valid, and to have it not re-run the query if it is.  Otherwise you'll
get the first row back every time.  Come to thing of it, it's probably
just easier to get all the songs back at once and then do a foreach.
:-)
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Thanks for all your help :)

Justin

on 26/08/02 1:55 AM, Michael Sims ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:49:00 -0500, you wrote:
> 
>> static $myrow;
>> if($myrow = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
> [...]
> 
> Oops.  We want to remember the position of the result set, so it's
> $result that should be static, not $myrow.  In addition, you'll have
> to put a check at the top of the function to see if $result is still
> valid, and to have it not re-run the query if it is.  Otherwise you'll
> get the first row back every time.  Come to thing of it, it's probably
> just easier to get all the songs back at once and then do a foreach.
> :-)
> 
> --
> PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
> 

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I've isolated the problem with MS Word and MS Wordpad; The problem does not
occur when pasting from Notepad.  I want to make sure that all the text is
ASCII before converting to MIME encoding.  This shoul alleviate the problems
that are occuring.

Thanks,
/dkm


----- Original Message -----
From: "@ Edwin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2002 6:37 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Base64 and MS Word cutting and pasting.


> Just some ideas.
>
> First, to check if it's really the pasted text from MS Word that is really
> causing the problem, paste the text from MS Word to a text editor like
> "notepad" THEN from "notepad" copy and paste to the <textarea> and see if
> the problem is still there.
>
> If it's still there, well, that means it's a different problem.
>
> Perhaps, it's about the "quotes and apostrophes" that you've mention so
> it'd be better to check the manual. See addslashes() or stripslashes().
>
> Or, the problem could be something else. But, I don't really think it's
> because the pasted text is from MS Word... (Pasted text to the textarea
> should have been already converted...)
>
> - E
>
> >
> >I have an application which uses the <textarea> tag for users to input
> data.  This works fine.  However, some users are using MS Word to generate
> the text and then cutting and pasting into the <textarea>.  This works
fine
> as well.
> >
> >However, I am encountering a problem when the application mails the
> submitted content. Everything is viewed fine throught the web.   We are
> MIME encoding the message using base64 functions.  The problem is that not
> all email clients are decoding the MS Word  pasted content properly.
> Quotes and apostrophes are not being decoded properly.
> >
> >I assume the problem is that the MS Word pasted content is not ASCII.
I
> need to convert this content to ASCII before we encode the MIME message.
> >
> >Do you have any ideas?
> >
> >/dkm
>
>
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> ウィルスメール、迷惑メール対策なら MSN Hotmail http://www.hotmail.com/JA
>
>
> --
> PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Just wanna test this list.
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

I'm working on a site where I'm using geeklog 
http://geeklog.sourceforge.net/ 

It has the requirement that 

> "Geeklog needs the register_globals variable turned on in order to work.
> Since PHP 4.2.0, the default for register_globals is "off". To fix it,
> simply add the following line to your php.ini file

Is this not *wrong*. It sounds to me like fake laziness. Nothing drives 
me bonkers more than trying to track down a variable that is inherited 
from who knows where. 

Perhaps I'm missing something. I've recently worked on a lot of PHP 
code written by others and it's a nightmare trying to track down where 
a variable is defined and where it's value might be changed.  Perhaps 
there is some tool I can use to trace this. I dunno. 

Am I correct in my aversion to globals or I am I missing their true 
value and perhaps some tools I could use when working on apps that have 
more than 50 php files floating all over the place and no 
documentation.

Peter





---------------------------
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go
away".
                -- Philip K. Dick

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
> I'm working on a site where I'm using geeklog
> http://geeklog.sourceforge.net/
>
> It has the requirement that
>
> > "Geeklog needs the register_globals variable turned on in order to work.
> > Since PHP 4.2.0, the default for register_globals is "off". To fix it,
> > simply add the following line to your php.ini file
>
> Is this not *wrong*. It sounds to me like fake laziness. Nothing drives
> me bonkers more than trying to track down a variable that is inherited
> from who knows where.

If you initialize all your local variables, there is nothing wrong with
having register_globals on.  Well-written apps run quite nicely and
securely with them on.  The reason to turn them off is to protect yourself
from crappy code.

-Rasmus

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
 imageCreate will create an image, but its palette will be very limited, so
when you try to copy your photo onto it, it will maintain the palette of the
original picture.  Obviously, this is not what you want, since the picture
comes out looking all grey and faded (probably 8-16 colors!).

What works for me is creating a blank image using imageCreate(), then saving
it as a temporary jpeg (using imageJpeg). This action will set the palette
of the image to a jpeg's palette (close to 16-bit or better colorspace).  If
you imageCopyResized over this temp.jpg (which you need to create whenever
you run the script to ensure sizing is perfect), it will come out with the
full palette of colors.

Pseudo code:
<?
$dest_h = whatever your calculated destination height is;
$dest_w = whatever your calculated destination width is;

$src_h = height of original image;
$src_w = width of original image;

   // create the blank limited-palette image
$base_image = imageCreate($dest_w, $dest_h);

   // convert and save it to temp.jpg
imagejpeg($base_image, 'path/to/temp.jpg');

   // get the image pointer to the temp jpeg
$image = imageCreateFromJpeg('path/to/temp.jpg');

   // get the image pointer to the original image
$imageToResize = imageCreateFromJpeg('path/to/image_to_be_resized.jpg');

   // resize the original image over temp.jpg
   // since you have GD2, you could also use imageCopyResampled
imageCopyResized($image, $imageToResize, 0, 0, 0, 0, $dest_w, $dest_h,
$src_w, $src_h);

   // values for output jpeg quality
$jpegQuality = 75;

   // create the resized image
imageJpeg($image, 'path/to/thumbnail_name.jpg', $jpegQuality);
?>


Then all you have to do is a little cleanup with imageDestroy() and you
should have a nice looking thumbnail!


I usually add a line like this to the script to make sure everything went
smoothly:
        <?
        echo '<html><head><title>Thumbnail Generator</title>'
            .'</head><body><img src="path/to/thumbnail_name.jpg">'
            .'</body></html>';
        ?>

It lets me see the quality of the thumbnail the second the script completes.


Try it - you'll get perfect thumbnails every time.  I used this technique
for all of the pictures at www.arkestraclandestina.com with GD1.6 - and all
of them actually had custom color profiles!  Works like a charm.

I like this method because I can be sure that the script won't break on
sites with older PHP and GD versions - which is an important consideration
when you're deploying applications to other sites...

However!  If you are sure it will only be run on a PHP4, GD2 system, you can
avoid all of the temp jpg madness altogether by just altering your code to
use imageCreateTrueColor() instead of imageCreate()!!  ;P  Easy as pie!

Dave



-----Original Message-----
From: Arcadius A. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 4:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] GD lib. image quality!


Hello!
I wrote a little script for generation thumbnails of larger images....
<code>
$origImage = imageCreateFromJpeg($sourcePath."/".$currentImageName);
    $thumbnail = imageCreate($thumbWidth,$thumbHeight);// create empty image

imageCopyResized($thumbnail,$origImage,0,0,0,0,$thumbWidth,$thumbHeight,imag
esX($origImage),imagesY($origImage));
    imageJpeg($thumbnail, $targetPath."/".$thumbNamePrefix."_thumb.jpg"); //
Store it
    imageDestroy($thumbnail); // cleanup
    echo "<br>Image ".$targetPath."/".$thumbNamePrefix."_thumb.jpg"."
created successfully!";

</code>

then, I've noticed that the quality of the thumbnails created is very bad!
my "phpinfo()" page shows  "2.0 or higher" as GD version

So, I'm wondering whether I'm doing something wrong in my code or whether
there exist a better library to use with PHP ... a library able to generate
good quality JPG files...

Thanks in advance.

Arcadius.




--
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
If you have GD2 I'd advise using imagecopyresampled, as I found using
imagecopyresized often resulted in blue or grayish images, while
imagecopyresampled resulted in normal looking images.

Jason Reid
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
AC Host Canada
www.achost.ca

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave at Sinewaves.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Arcadius A." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 12:23 PM
Subject: RE: [PHP] GD lib. image quality!


> imageCreate will create an image, but its palette will be very limited, so
> when you try to copy your photo onto it, it will maintain the palette of
the
> original picture.  Obviously, this is not what you want, since the picture
> comes out looking all grey and faded (probably 8-16 colors!).
>
> What works for me is creating a blank image using imageCreate(), then
saving
> it as a temporary jpeg (using imageJpeg). This action will set the palette
> of the image to a jpeg's palette (close to 16-bit or better colorspace).
If
> you imageCopyResized over this temp.jpg (which you need to create whenever
> you run the script to ensure sizing is perfect), it will come out with the
> full palette of colors.
>
> Pseudo code:
> <?
> $dest_h = whatever your calculated destination height is;
> $dest_w = whatever your calculated destination width is;
>
> $src_h = height of original image;
> $src_w = width of original image;
>
>    // create the blank limited-palette image
> $base_image = imageCreate($dest_w, $dest_h);
>
>    // convert and save it to temp.jpg
> imagejpeg($base_image, 'path/to/temp.jpg');
>
>    // get the image pointer to the temp jpeg
> $image = imageCreateFromJpeg('path/to/temp.jpg');
>
>    // get the image pointer to the original image
> $imageToResize = imageCreateFromJpeg('path/to/image_to_be_resized.jpg');
>
>    // resize the original image over temp.jpg
>    // since you have GD2, you could also use imageCopyResampled
> imageCopyResized($image, $imageToResize, 0, 0, 0, 0, $dest_w, $dest_h,
> $src_w, $src_h);
>
>    // values for output jpeg quality
> $jpegQuality = 75;
>
>    // create the resized image
> imageJpeg($image, 'path/to/thumbnail_name.jpg', $jpegQuality);
> ?>
>
>
> Then all you have to do is a little cleanup with imageDestroy() and you
> should have a nice looking thumbnail!
>
>
> I usually add a line like this to the script to make sure everything went
> smoothly:
> <?
> echo '<html><head><title>Thumbnail Generator</title>'
>     .'</head><body><img src="path/to/thumbnail_name.jpg">'
>     .'</body></html>';
> ?>
>
> It lets me see the quality of the thumbnail the second the script
completes.
>
>
> Try it - you'll get perfect thumbnails every time.  I used this technique
> for all of the pictures at www.arkestraclandestina.com with GD1.6 - and
all
> of them actually had custom color profiles!  Works like a charm.
>
> I like this method because I can be sure that the script won't break on
> sites with older PHP and GD versions - which is an important consideration
> when you're deploying applications to other sites...
>
> However!  If you are sure it will only be run on a PHP4, GD2 system, you
can
> avoid all of the temp jpg madness altogether by just altering your code to
> use imageCreateTrueColor() instead of imageCreate()!!  ;P  Easy as pie!
>
> Dave
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Arcadius A. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 4:11 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [PHP] GD lib. image quality!
>
>
> Hello!
> I wrote a little script for generation thumbnails of larger images....
> <code>
> $origImage = imageCreateFromJpeg($sourcePath."/".$currentImageName);
>     $thumbnail = imageCreate($thumbWidth,$thumbHeight);// create empty
image
>
>
imageCopyResized($thumbnail,$origImage,0,0,0,0,$thumbWidth,$thumbHeight,imag
> esX($origImage),imagesY($origImage));
>     imageJpeg($thumbnail, $targetPath."/".$thumbNamePrefix."_thumb.jpg");
//
> Store it
>     imageDestroy($thumbnail); // cleanup
>     echo "<br>Image ".$targetPath."/".$thumbNamePrefix."_thumb.jpg"."
> created successfully!";
>
> </code>
>
> then, I've noticed that the quality of the thumbnails created is very bad!
> my "phpinfo()" page shows  "2.0 or higher" as GD version
>
> So, I'm wondering whether I'm doing something wrong in my code or whether
> there exist a better library to use with PHP ... a library able to
generate
> good quality JPG files...
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Arcadius.
>
>
>
>
> --
> PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
>
>
> --
> PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
imagecopyresize() just skips pixels in order to reduce it in size.
imagecopyresampled() will take the average of adjacent pixels and
therefore produce a much better scaled down image.

-Rasmus

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002, Jason Reid wrote:

> If you have GD2 I'd advise using imagecopyresampled, as I found using
> imagecopyresized often resulted in blue or grayish images, while
> imagecopyresampled resulted in normal looking images.
>
> Jason Reid
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> --
> AC Host Canada
> www.achost.ca
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Dave at Sinewaves.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "Arcadius A." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 12:23 PM
> Subject: RE: [PHP] GD lib. image quality!
>
>
> > imageCreate will create an image, but its palette will be very limited, so
> > when you try to copy your photo onto it, it will maintain the palette of
> the
> > original picture.  Obviously, this is not what you want, since the picture
> > comes out looking all grey and faded (probably 8-16 colors!).
> >
> > What works for me is creating a blank image using imageCreate(), then
> saving
> > it as a temporary jpeg (using imageJpeg). This action will set the palette
> > of the image to a jpeg's palette (close to 16-bit or better colorspace).
> If
> > you imageCopyResized over this temp.jpg (which you need to create whenever
> > you run the script to ensure sizing is perfect), it will come out with the
> > full palette of colors.
> >
> > Pseudo code:
> > <?
> > $dest_h = whatever your calculated destination height is;
> > $dest_w = whatever your calculated destination width is;
> >
> > $src_h = height of original image;
> > $src_w = width of original image;
> >
> >    // create the blank limited-palette image
> > $base_image = imageCreate($dest_w, $dest_h);
> >
> >    // convert and save it to temp.jpg
> > imagejpeg($base_image, 'path/to/temp.jpg');
> >
> >    // get the image pointer to the temp jpeg
> > $image = imageCreateFromJpeg('path/to/temp.jpg');
> >
> >    // get the image pointer to the original image
> > $imageToResize = imageCreateFromJpeg('path/to/image_to_be_resized.jpg');
> >
> >    // resize the original image over temp.jpg
> >    // since you have GD2, you could also use imageCopyResampled
> > imageCopyResized($image, $imageToResize, 0, 0, 0, 0, $dest_w, $dest_h,
> > $src_w, $src_h);
> >
> >    // values for output jpeg quality
> > $jpegQuality = 75;
> >
> >    // create the resized image
> > imageJpeg($image, 'path/to/thumbnail_name.jpg', $jpegQuality);
> > ?>
> >
> >
> > Then all you have to do is a little cleanup with imageDestroy() and you
> > should have a nice looking thumbnail!
> >
> >
> > I usually add a line like this to the script to make sure everything went
> > smoothly:
> > <?
> > echo '<html><head><title>Thumbnail Generator</title>'
> >     .'</head><body><img src="path/to/thumbnail_name.jpg">'
> >     .'</body></html>';
> > ?>
> >
> > It lets me see the quality of the thumbnail the second the script
> completes.
> >
> >
> > Try it - you'll get perfect thumbnails every time.  I used this technique
> > for all of the pictures at www.arkestraclandestina.com with GD1.6 - and
> all
> > of them actually had custom color profiles!  Works like a charm.
> >
> > I like this method because I can be sure that the script won't break on
> > sites with older PHP and GD versions - which is an important consideration
> > when you're deploying applications to other sites...
> >
> > However!  If you are sure it will only be run on a PHP4, GD2 system, you
> can
> > avoid all of the temp jpg madness altogether by just altering your code to
> > use imageCreateTrueColor() instead of imageCreate()!!  ;P  Easy as pie!
> >
> > Dave
> >
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Arcadius A. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> > Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 4:11 AM
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: [PHP] GD lib. image quality!
> >
> >
> > Hello!
> > I wrote a little script for generation thumbnails of larger images....
> > <code>
> > $origImage = imageCreateFromJpeg($sourcePath."/".$currentImageName);
> >     $thumbnail = imageCreate($thumbWidth,$thumbHeight);// create empty
> image
> >
> >
> imageCopyResized($thumbnail,$origImage,0,0,0,0,$thumbWidth,$thumbHeight,imag
> > esX($origImage),imagesY($origImage));
> >     imageJpeg($thumbnail, $targetPath."/".$thumbNamePrefix."_thumb.jpg");
> //
> > Store it
> >     imageDestroy($thumbnail); // cleanup
> >     echo "<br>Image ".$targetPath."/".$thumbNamePrefix."_thumb.jpg"."
> > created successfully!";
> >
> > </code>
> >
> > then, I've noticed that the quality of the thumbnails created is very bad!
> > my "phpinfo()" page shows  "2.0 or higher" as GD version
> >
> > So, I'm wondering whether I'm doing something wrong in my code or whether
> > there exist a better library to use with PHP ... a library able to
> generate
> > good quality JPG files...
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Arcadius.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> > To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
> >
> >
> > --
> > PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> > To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
>
>
>

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
If I insert a row's field's value using the PASSWORD() function, will I need
to use it or another function to find that row using the same field?

---------------------------------------------
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cool-palace.com


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I've got the following bit of code for an upload/feedback form.. Upload isn't a
required field, but name, email and message are.. When someone submits this form
with an upload used, it works fine.. But if an upload is excluded and they only
fill in the required fields, I don't get an email..

I'm sure this has to do with the if/else statements, but I haven't been able to
figure this out.. If anyone has a suggestion, help or can point me in the right
direction, I'd appreciate it.. TIA..

Take care.. peace..
eriol

====

$info = NULL;
if(count($_FILES) > 0){
  $allowed_types = array("text/plain","text/html");
  $size_limit = "524288";
  $file = $_FILES["file"]["name"];
  $type = $_FILES["file"]["type"];
  $size = $_FILES["file"]["size"];
  $temp = $_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"];
  $path_info = pathinfo($PATH_TRANSLATED);
  $write_path = $path_info["dirname"] . "$uploadpath$uptime" . $file;
  if ($file){
    if ($size < $size_limit){
      if (in_array($type,$allowed_types)){
        if(move_uploaded_file($temp,$write_path)){
          $info = "Thank you ".$_REQUEST['name']."\n";
            if(!mail($email,$subject,$body,"Return-Path: <me@$SERVER_NAME>\r\n"
              ."From: me <me@$SERVER_NAME>\r\n"
              ."Reply-To: me@$SERVER_NAME\r\n"
              ."X-Mailer: $SERVER_NAME")){
              if($_REQUEST["submit"]){
                $null = "";
                $name = $_REQUEST['name'];
                $from = $_REQUEST['email'];
                $message  = $_REQUEST['message'];
              }
              echo "uh..";
            }
        }
        else{
          $info = "<b>$file</b> wasn't sent due to an error..";
        }
      }
      else{
        $info = "I do not accept <b>$type</b> type files..";
      }
    }
    else{
      $info = "Only files up to <b>$size_limit</b> bytes accepted..";
    }
  }
  $info .="\n";
}
echo $info;


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
You need to give us the HTML for the form so we can comprehend the context
of it all

"Eriol" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> I've got the following bit of code for an upload/feedback form.. Upload
isn't a
> required field, but name, email and message are.. When someone submits
this form
> with an upload used, it works fine.. But if an upload is excluded and they
only
> fill in the required fields, I don't get an email..
>
> I'm sure this has to do with the if/else statements, but I haven't been
able to
> figure this out.. If anyone has a suggestion, help or can point me in the
right
> direction, I'd appreciate it.. TIA..
>
> Take care.. peace..
> eriol
>
> ====
>
> $info = NULL;
> if(count($_FILES) > 0){
>   $allowed_types = array("text/plain","text/html");
>   $size_limit = "524288";
>   $file = $_FILES["file"]["name"];
>   $type = $_FILES["file"]["type"];
>   $size = $_FILES["file"]["size"];
>   $temp = $_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"];
>   $path_info = pathinfo($PATH_TRANSLATED);
>   $write_path = $path_info["dirname"] . "$uploadpath$uptime" . $file;
>   if ($file){
>     if ($size < $size_limit){
>       if (in_array($type,$allowed_types)){
>         if(move_uploaded_file($temp,$write_path)){
>           $info = "Thank you ".$_REQUEST['name']."\n";
>             if(!mail($email,$subject,$body,"Return-Path:
<me@$SERVER_NAME>\r\n"
>               ."From: me <me@$SERVER_NAME>\r\n"
>               ."Reply-To: me@$SERVER_NAME\r\n"
>               ."X-Mailer: $SERVER_NAME")){
>               if($_REQUEST["submit"]){
>                 $null = "";
>                 $name = $_REQUEST['name'];
>                 $from = $_REQUEST['email'];
>                 $message  = $_REQUEST['message'];
>               }
>               echo "uh..";
>             }
>         }
>         else{
>           $info = "<b>$file</b> wasn't sent due to an error..";
>         }
>       }
>       else{
>         $info = "I do not accept <b>$type</b> type files..";
>       }
>     }
>     else{
>       $info = "Only files up to <b>$size_limit</b> bytes accepted..";
>     }
>   }
>   $info .="\n";
> }
> echo $info;
>
>


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Sorry, I didn't figure it was needed, but here is the html info as requested..
Thanks..

<form action="<? echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ?>" method="post"
enctype="multipart/form-data" name="contact" onsubmit="return verifyaddy()">
  <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center">
    <tr>
      <td align="left">
        <font class="s">
          <input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="524288"/>
          Name:
          <br class="s"/>
          <input type="text" size="40" name="name" value="<? $_REQUEST['name'];
?>" class="file"/>
          <br class="s"/>
          Email:
          <br class="s"/>
          <input type="text" size="40" maxlength="255" name="email" value="<?
$_REQUEST["email"] ?>" class="file"/>
          <br class="s"/>
          Upload: &nbsp; [ <a href="javascript:uploadinfo()">Information</a> ]
          <br class="s"/>
          <input type="file" size="27" name="file" class="file"/>
          <br class="s"/>
          Message:
          <br class="s"/>
          <textarea name="message" cols="40" rows="4" class="upload"><?
$_REQUEST["message"]; ?></textarea>
          <br/>
          <br/>
        </font>
      </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td align="center">
        <input type="submit" value="Submit" class="submit"/>
      </td>
    </tr>
  </table>
</form>

Take care.. peace..
eriol

====

"Tony Harrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> disgorged:

: You need to give us the HTML for the form so we can comprehend the context
: of it all


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I got this figured out already.. I was having a brain fart and just needed to
move the IF statement with the mail() function further down past a few ELSE
statements.. Thanks anyway..

Take care.. peace..
eriol

====

"Eriol" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> disgorged:

: I've got the following bit of code for an upload/feedback form.. Upload isn't
a
: required field, but name, email and message are.. When someone submits this
form
: with an upload used, it works fine.. But if an upload is excluded and they
only
: fill in the required fields, I don't get an email..
:
: I'm sure this has to do with the if/else statements, but I haven't been able
to
: figure this out.. If anyone has a suggestion, help or can point me in the
right
: direction, I'd appreciate it.. TIA..
:
: [snip]


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
okay, so then a "select *" and then a num_rows ...

On Sunday, August 25, 2002, at 10:11 AM, Jason Wong wrote:

> On Sunday 25 August 2002 22:07, salamander wrote:
>> or, you should be able to simply do this, without the cost of fetching
>> the results:
>>
>> $result = mysql_query("SELECT count(*) FROM table WHERE");
>> $num_rows = mysql_num_rows($result);
>> echo "$num_rows Rows\n";
>
> No. This only returns 1 row regardless. "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ..." only
> returns a single row with a single column containing the row count. 
> Using
> mysql_num_rows() on that will always return 1.
>
> --
> Jason Wong -> Gremlins Associates -> www.gremlins.com.hk
> Open Source Software Systems Integrators
> * Web Design & Hosting * Internet & Intranet Applications Development *
>
> /*
> I'm going to Vietnam at the request of the White House.  President 
> Johnson
> says a war isn't really a war without my jokes.
>               -- Bob Hope
> */
>
>
> --
> PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
>
>

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I think you were on the right track with your first response. Selecting 
a count(*) gives you the number of rows returned without the overhead of 
actually returning all of the rows to PHP. Most people will rename the 
count as something more easy to reference (and/or more descriptive) in 
the result set:

select count(*) as num_movies from movies where actor='Val Kilmer';

What Jason was trying to explain is that the data you are looking for is 
actually in the query you performed. You specifically queried for the 
number of rows. Your result set consists of a single row with a single 
element, num_movies.

Happy hacking.

Chris

salamander wrote:

> okay, so then a "select *" and then a num_rows ...
>
> On Sunday, August 25, 2002, at 10:11 AM, Jason Wong wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 25 August 2002 22:07, salamander wrote:
>>
>>> or, you should be able to simply do this, without the cost of fetching
>>> the results:
>>>
>>> $result = mysql_query("SELECT count(*) FROM table WHERE");
>>> $num_rows = mysql_num_rows($result);
>>> echo "$num_rows Rows\n";
>>
>> No. This only returns 1 row regardless. "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ..." only
>> returns a single row with a single column containing the row count. 
>> Using
>> mysql_num_rows() on that will always return 1. 
>

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
This should be very simple but it isn't working.

upload.html has this:
<form action="upload2.php" method="POST"
enctype="multipart/form-data">

<input type="file" name="userfile">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit">
</form>

and 

upload2.php has this:
<?php

echo("in post");
 
echo($_POST['userfile]);

?>


Where is the file??

Thanks


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes
http://finance.yahoo.com
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Check these out:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.move-uploaded-file.php

>From the bit of code you posted, you're not declaring where an upload should
actually go.. If you want it sent via email (attachment, not upload), that's
another story, but if you want it sent to a directory within your site, the
links above should be of some help..

Take care.. peace..
eriol

====

"Daniel Guerrier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> disgorged:

: upload.html has this:
: <form action="upload2.php" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">
: <input type="file" name="userfile">
: <input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit">
: </form>
:
: and
:
: upload2.php has this:
: <?php
: echo("in post");
: echo($_POST['userfile]);
: ?>
:
: Where is the file??


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Daniel Guerrier wrote:

>echo($_POST['userfile]);
>

Do you mean $_POST["userfile"] here? It looks like you're missing a quote.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Thanks

the quote wasn't the issue.
Actually I shold have use $_FILE not $_POST .

--- Chris Shiflett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Daniel Guerrier wrote:
> 
> >echo($_POST['userfile]);
> >
> 
> Do you mean $_POST["userfile"] here? It looks like
> you're missing a quote.
> 
> 
> -- 
> PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
> 


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes
http://finance.yahoo.com
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hi guys,

Am writing a web based mailclient (obviously with PHP+IMAP),
In the 'ReplyMail' script, inorder to add the "> " string
at the beginning of everyline, I used the following code,
<?
$replymessage = $replymessage.str_replace("\n", "\n> ", 
htmlspecialchars(trim(imap_body($mbox, $msg))));
?>

This is giving an output with one additional \n in the TEXTAREA,
like below

<- strip ->
>Hello Chandu,

>How are you. How is your coding going on.

>I'm on Mandrake 8.2.

>/Chandu
<- End of strip ->

Any workarounds for this,

I hav seen the code of many PHP based IMAP client's
but found out that all of those I checked are
working in the same way as aboove.
Squirrelmail is working as needed but I'm not able to
locate where exactly the code I needed is, in those bulky files.

so as a last resort I've posted here.

/Chandu


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Ok after being blasted for not looking on PHP.net first I have now returned none the 
wiser! :D

Here is the post file:
---------------------------------
<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="postbit.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="5400" value="1000">
Send this file: <input name="userfile" type="file">
<input type="submit" value="Send File">
</form>


Here is the post handler file:
----------------------------------------
<?php 
// In PHP earlier then 4.1.0, $HTTP_POST_FILES  should be used instead of $_FILES.
if (is_uploaded_file($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'])) {
    copy($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'], 
"/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/uploads/");
} else {
    echo "Possible file upload attack. Filename: " . $_FILES['userfile']['name'];
}
/* ...or... */
move_uploaded_file($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'], 
"/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/uploads/");
?>


And here is the error I get:
-------------------------------------
Warning: Unable to create '/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/uploads/': Is a 
directory in /home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/forums/postbit.php on line 4

Warning: Unable to create '/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/uploads/': Is a 
directory in /home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/forums/postbit.php on line 9

Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/phpahcXwh' to 
'/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/uploads/' in 
/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/forums/postbit.php on line 9





Anyone know whats going on - PHP.net was of a absolutely no use and I am very new at 
file uploads - any help appreciated!
Thanks - John
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

 > And here is the error I get:
 > -------------------------------------
 > Warning: Unable to create 
 > '/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/uploads/': Is a 

Does this directory exist?  Does the user that your web server is
running as have permission to write files in this directory?

 > Anyone know whats going on - PHP.net was of a absolutely no 
 > use and I am very new at file uploads - any help appreciated!

You might find that setting up a simple test page with the file upload
and little else will help you.  For starters you might even just set up
a test page that echos back the name of the file and the temp name of
the file - then you can see if your form is sending the right
information.  From there try moving your uploaded file and if this fails
then you've either got a syntax problem with your code or you've got a
permissions problem on the server.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php includes examples
of doing a file upload and the comments following it include many useful
tips.  In the end, though, you're best move is probably to start simple
and make sure it works before adding in all the other stuff that you
might want to do.

CYA, Dave



--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I think you have to specify the destination file name as well.  The
destination directory is not enough.

---
Seairth Jacobs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


"Johnp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
Ok after being blasted for not looking on PHP.net first I have now returned
none the wiser! :D

Here is the post file:
---------------------------------
<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="postbit.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="5400" value="1000">
Send this file: <input name="userfile" type="file">
<input type="submit" value="Send File">
</form>


Here is the post handler file:
----------------------------------------
<?php
// In PHP earlier then 4.1.0, $HTTP_POST_FILES  should be used instead of
$_FILES.
if (is_uploaded_file($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'])) {
    copy($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'],
"/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/uploads/");
} else {
    echo "Possible file upload attack. Filename: " .
$_FILES['userfile']['name'];
}
/* ...or... */
move_uploaded_file($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'],
"/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/uploads/");
?>


And here is the error I get:
-------------------------------------
Warning: Unable to create
'/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/uploads/': Is a directory in
/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/forums/postbit.php on line 4

Warning: Unable to create
'/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/uploads/': Is a directory in
/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/forums/postbit.php on line 9

Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/phpahcXwh' to
'/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/uploads/' in
/home/thehobby/public_html/php/phpforums/forums/postbit.php on line 9





Anyone know whats going on - PHP.net was of a absolutely no use and I am
very new at file uploads - any help appreciated!
Thanks - John



--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
> <form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="postbit.php" method="post">
> <input type="hidden" name="5400" value="1000">
> Send this file: <input name="userfile" type="file">
> <input type="submit" value="Send File">
> </form>

I am not really replying to your question, but just as a remark, in php, a
variable needs to start with a letter or and underscire. (must be detailed
in the doc)
So I have absolutely no idea how PHP will interpret this line :
 <input type="hidden" name="5400" value="1000">
(and I would be curious to know how it actually does ! can you tell me ? )

bye

Eric


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
using register_globals=on and trying to echo out the $5400 errors as
expected, but php sees the correct entry in the $_GET superglobal array as
it should. running a simple foreach($_GET as $key => $val) returns a key of
5400 and a value of 1000 on a page with the querystring of
page.php?5400=1000, so you should be able to pull that info into another
variable correctly.

Jason Reid
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
AC Host Canada
www.achost.ca

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Pignot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 7:24 PM
Subject: [PHP] Re: Can someone - anyone see my error?


> > <form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="postbit.php" method="post">
> > <input type="hidden" name="5400" value="1000">
> > Send this file: <input name="userfile" type="file">
> > <input type="submit" value="Send File">
> > </form>
>
> I am not really replying to your question, but just as a remark, in php, a
> variable needs to start with a letter or and underscire. (must be detailed
> in the doc)
> So I have absolutely no idea how PHP will interpret this line :
>  <input type="hidden" name="5400" value="1000">
> (and I would be curious to know how it actually does ! can you tell me ? )
>
> bye
>
> Eric
>
>
>
> --
> PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

I have two list one is listA and the other is listB I would
like to take the values in listB and compare them with listA if any of
them match then I what to create a new list listC and put the values
that match in it. If they do not match I want the values to go into listD.
I have been messing with this for three days and have not been able to get
it to work. I have used foreach statements and array_search but what ever
I try I just can't seam to get it. What I need is something like below.
Could somebody please help.


                                 If LISTB MATCHES LISTA     If NO Match
LISTA             LISTB              Make LISTC              Make LISTD


test1             test4                 test4                   test1
test2             test6                 test6                   test2
test3             test8                 test8                   test3
test4                                                           test5
test5                                                           test7
test6                                                           test9
test7
test8
test9
  

-- 
Best regards,
 rdkurth                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
array_intersect() will give you listC directly.  Just feed it list A and
B.  Then you can take a copy of listA and do a foreach on the array_keys()
of listC and unset() them.  Now this copy with the removed elements
becomes your listD

-Rasmus

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>
> I have two list one is listA and the other is listB I would
> like to take the values in listB and compare them with listA if any of
> them match then I what to create a new list listC and put the values
> that match in it. If they do not match I want the values to go into listD.
> I have been messing with this for three days and have not been able to get
> it to work. I have used foreach statements and array_search but what ever
> I try I just can't seam to get it. What I need is something like below.
> Could somebody please help.
>
>
>                                  If LISTB MATCHES LISTA     If NO Match
> LISTA             LISTB              Make LISTC              Make LISTD
>
>
> test1             test4                 test4                   test1
> test2             test6                 test6                   test2
> test3             test8                 test8                   test3
> test4                                                           test5
> test5                                                           test7
> test6                                                           test9
> test7
> test8
> test9
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  rdkurth                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
> --
> PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
>

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hello Rasmus,

Ok I understand the array_intersect and have gotten that to work.
I just don't understand the second part using the foreach and unset().

this is what I have it gives me three separate list

$listA="tester1 tester2 tester3 tester4 tester5 tester6 tester7 tester8 tester9";
$listB="tester4 tester6 tester8";

$arraylistA=explode(" ",$listA);
$arraylistB=explode(" ",$listB);

$result = array_intersect ($arraylistA, $arraylistB);

foreach($arraylistA as $valueA){
    echo "ValueA: $valueA<br>\n";
}
echo "<br>";
foreach($arraylistB as $valueB){
    echo "ValueB: $valueB<br>\n";
}
echo "<br>";
foreach($result as $valueC){
    echo "ValueC: $valueC<br>\n";
}

Sunday, August 25, 2002, 4:48:36 PM, you wrote:


RL> array_intersect() will give you listC directly.  Just feed it list A and
RL> B.  Then you can take a copy of listA and do a foreach on the array_keys()
RL> of listC and unset() them.  Now this copy with the removed elements
RL> becomes your listD

RL> -Rasmus

RL> On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>
>> I have two list one is listA and the other is listB I would
>> like to take the values in listB and compare them with listA if any of
>> them match then I what to create a new list listC and put the values
>> that match in it. If they do not match I want the values to go into listD.
>> I have been messing with this for three days and have not been able to get
>> it to work. I have used foreach statements and array_search but what ever
>> I try I just can't seam to get it. What I need is something like below.
>> Could somebody please help.
>>
>>
>>                                  If LISTB MATCHES LISTA     If NO Match
>> LISTA             LISTB              Make LISTC              Make LISTD
>>
>>
>> test1             test4                 test4                   test1
>> test2             test6                 test6                   test2
>> test3             test8                 test8                   test3
>> test4                                                           test5
>> test5                                                           test7
>> test6                                                           test9
>> test7
>> test8
>> test9
>>
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>>  rdkurth                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>>
>> --
>> PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
>> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
>>





-- 
Best regards,
 rdkurth                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
$lista=array(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9);
$listb=array(4,6,8);
$listc=array_intersect($lista,$listb);
$listd=array_diff($lista,$listb);


Op maandag 26 augustus 2002 01:48, schreef Rasmus Lerdorf:
> array_intersect() will give you listC directly.  Just feed it list A and
> B.  Then you can take a copy of listA and do a foreach on the array_keys()
> of listC and unset() them.  Now this copy with the removed elements
> becomes your listD
>
> -Rasmus
>
> On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I have two list one is listA and the other is listB I would
> > like to take the values in listB and compare them with listA if any of
> > them match then I what to create a new list listC and put the values
> > that match in it. If they do not match I want the values to go into
> > listD. I have been messing with this for three days and have not been
> > able to get it to work. I have used foreach statements and array_search
> > but what ever I try I just can't seam to get it. What I need is something
> > like below. Could somebody please help.
> >
> >
> >                                  If LISTB MATCHES LISTA     If NO Match
> > LISTA             LISTB              Make LISTC              Make LISTD
> >
> >
> > test1             test4                 test4                   test1
> > test2             test6                 test6                   test2
> > test3             test8                 test8                   test3
> > test4                                                           test5
> > test5                                                           test7
> > test6                                                           test9
> > test7
> > test8
> > test9
> >
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> >  rdkurth                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >
> > --
> > PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> > To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Does anyone know if there is a native function within PHP to convert numbers
to roman numerals?

I could easily write a little convertor, but I was hoping there was an
simple function - although I couldn't seem to find anything like that in the
manual.

Dave

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hey all,

I need to restart apache using PHP.  Is this possible?
Or, ar least apply a modified config file...

PHP is running as nobody:nobody as is Apache.

Thanks,
Liam



--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hi !

there is no way to apply a config file to apache without restarting the
webserver....
the only way I know (which really does not mean that it is the only one !),
is to use the command "apachctl" or "httpd". But those command need to be
launched as root, I think (try to login as root, then to a "su nobody", and
try to launch apache like this. If it works, then a simple exec("apachctl
restart") should be enough, check the syntax of exec() there :
http://www.php.net/exec ).

If you need to be root to start apache, then you'll need to either build a
script that changes user to root, and lauches "apachectl restart" once
logged ( try the "sudo" command in your shell, it is available in any linux
distribution, or try freshmeat.net ),  or use the setuid bit so that any
user can start httpd with root provilege (which would work but wouldn't be
recommende. "man chmod" to know more about this).

regards

Eric



"Liam Mackenzie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a crit dans le message de
news: 008f01c24c98$895404c0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hey all,
>
> I need to restart apache using PHP.  Is this possible?
> Or, ar least apply a modified config file...
>
> PHP is running as nobody:nobody as is Apache.
>
> Thanks,
> Liam
>
>
>


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Yes, you can make Apache reload a config file without restarting. You 
must send it a SIGHUP:

kill -HUP `cat /var/run/httpd.pid`

If you execute this as nobody, I believe it will work, but I haven't 
tested it.

Also, I believe Apache will restart when given a "kill -1". If the above 
suggestions works, so will this.

Happy hacking.

Chris

Eric Pignot wrote:

>there is no way to apply a config file to apache without restarting the
>webserver....
>
>"Liam Mackenzie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a crit dans le message de
>news: 008f01c24c98$895404c0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  
>
>>I need to restart apache using PHP.  Is this possible?
>>Or, ar least apply a modified config file...
>>

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Help!

I am getting the following error message for :
<?
 $link=mysql_connect("localhost","$user","$pass"); // line 34
?>

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in 
/home/www/test.somename.org/aux/db-mod.php on line 34

I have used this call successfully on php v4.0.6, and am now trying it on a new 
install (which someone else did, as I haven't a clue in setting up a server) which is 
v4.1.1.  Is mysql_connect a defunct command, or do I need to do something to enable 
its use?

Thanks for any help.
Hugh






--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
>
>Help!
>
>I am getting the following error message for :
><?
>  $link=mysql_connect("localhost","$user","$pass"); // line 34
>?>
>
>Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in 
/home/www/test.somename.org/aux/db-mod.php on line 34
>
>I have used this call successfully on php v4.0.6, and am now trying it on 
a new install (which someone else did, as I haven't a clue in setting up a 
server) which is v4.1.1.  Is mysql_connect a defunct command, or do I need 
to do something to enable its use?

Perhaps, if you check the manual you'll see if a certain function is 
already "defunct".

Checking mysql_connect() here,

  http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-connect.php

shows that it's even "better" than before.

So, most probably, when the person who set up the server didn't include 
mysql support in php. It'd be better to ask the person to enable it.

BTW, you can do phpinfo() and see if mysql support is enabled or not. (Of 
course, you also need to check IF MySQL is even installed...)

- E


>
>Thanks for any help.
>Hugh
>
>
>
>
>
>




_________________________________________________________________
会員登録は無料・充実した出品アイテムなら MSN オークション 
http://auction.msn.co.jp/
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I am showing a directory of files and I don't what all the files to
show on the screen. I was able to get the . and the .. not to show
with what I have below but there are some other files in there that look
like this mylist.confg. I don't want them to show in the directory
list. I tried && $files != "*.config"  but this did not work .
Anybody have an suggestions

if ($handle = opendir('/path/to/list/directory')) {
while (false !== ($files = readdir($handle))) {
     if ($files != "." && $files != "..") {
      echo $files;
     }

  

-- 
Best regards,
 rdkurth                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
There are several regular expression and string matching functions you could
use.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.strings.php
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pcre.php
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.regex.php

Justin Garrett

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> I am showing a directory of files and I don't what all the files to
> show on the screen. I was able to get the . and the .. not to show
> with what I have below but there are some other files in there that look
> like this mylist.confg. I don't want them to show in the directory
> list. I tried && $files != "*.config"  but this did not work .
> Anybody have an suggestions
>
> if ($handle = opendir('/path/to/list/directory')) {
> while (false !== ($files = readdir($handle))) {
>      if ($files != "." && $files != "..") {
>       echo $files;
>      }
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  rdkurth                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>


--- End Message ---

Reply via email to