Hello List,

I have a problem with the php CURL module and UTF-8 data.
My php script uses curl to do a post to a perl/cgi script. This perl script
returns UTF-8 encoded XML. The perl script returns utf-8, i have verified
that using the webserver logfiles, but the data that i receive in $result
(see below) is decoded to ISO-8859-1.

    $ch = curl_init();
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $post_url);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 0);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $postfields);
    $result = curl_exec ($ch);// #### UTF compatible?
    curl_close ($ch);

Anyone an idea how i can get curl to return me UTF-8 data?

Thank you,

Merijn van den Kroonenberg