I mean double ouch!!! :-)

well..

1 no, it's a select for the language (<select name=language[]) and another
to skill level

1b no separator it's stored as array. The array generated by language[] and
skill[] are stored into another array, serialized and put into DB

2 yes. could be up to 5

2b again, none. only the array structure

the field is a text.