>If I insert a row's field's value using the PASSWORD() function, will I need
>to use it or another function to find that row using the same field?

You'll need to do this when somebody tries to log in later:

<?php
  $username = $_POST['username']; # Or $PHP_AUTH_USER or $_GET['username']
or ...
  $password = $_POST['password']; # Or $PHP_AUTH_PW or $_GET or ...
  $query = "select whatever from users where username = '$username' and
password('$password') = password";
?>

In other words, you can *NEVER* "go backwards" from the password() function
output to get the original back.  But you can call password() on some
incoming data and see if the two outputs match.

--
Like Music?  http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm