That's the way it works in the newer PHP for security reasons.  I had to rewrite all my
code about a week ago because my client was using php 4.2 and I had 4.0.  It has to do
with the Globals are set to being turned off in the php.ini file.  You should be able
change the php.ini file to globals on, but people will argue that it's a security
problem
and you should just change all your global varieables to the new way.  It's your call.
Hope this helps.

Brian

--
Brian Windsor