That doesn't work for me, at least in IE 6.  It pops up a new login window.  If you
hit cancel, the browser still sends the prior authorization header to the server on
the next request.  If you change the realm on one page, when you go back to the other
page, the browser will still have the other realms authorization header.  Thinking as
I type, perhaps you mean to store the realm, and change it to something else when they
logout?  Such that one never sees the same realm twice.