You are wrong, this is from HTML 4.01 specification:

value = /cdata/ <cid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [CA]
<cid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
This attribute specifies the initial value <cid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> of
the control. It is optional except when the
type <cid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> attribute has the value "radio" or
"checkbox".

Upon submiting a form, only "successfull" checkboxes are submited,
so on the next page you only need this loop:

foreach($d_c_arr as $i) {
        echo '<input type="hidden" name="d_c_arr[]" value="'.
                htmlspecialchars($i).'">';
}

$d_c_arr contains only checked checkboxes.

    Marek