oanda www.oanda.com had a service where you could socket into it , that is
now not free but they still have a free email service which i parse the
information out of the email and add it to a currency table in the database
which is run via a daily cron job

"Justin French" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
This appears to do what you want... or at least provide some inspiration:

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse.html/file/1220.html

I'm sure there are hundreds of web services based on currency conversion and
weather... usually they send XML data which you parse... google will help :)

Justin French