Nope, have no idea... I've just allways been told (and adhered to) the rule
that you don't trust anything client side, which would include IP address'.
Even if you could get it working for AOL, what about some other ISP located
in Australia, South Africa, or anywhere else on the planet that you've never
heard of?

Don't trust IPs.  AOL was just an example.

Justin