Hi all,

I am running PHP 4.2.2 on Apache 1.3.26 under MacOS X 10.2. My scripts'
functionality seems to have gone amok, and while I am not sure this is
the fault of php directly, I was hoping someone could help me track
down the problem.

Basically, if I have a script that I pass arguments to on a get
request, the argument seems to be processed (ie, it is found in
$_SERVER["argv"][0]), but the actual argument itself has no effect. For
example, I have a script that checks for a date variable:

if ($date) { print $date; }

and when I call it by loading http://www.../date.php?date=2002-09-11 -
the script produces nothing, even though the argv(0) is
"date=2002-09-11". What's at fault here, any ideas? I am using a binary
distro (it's linked from the php site) for OSX, but I've used it in the
past and never encountered such a problem. Other PHP functionality
seems fine, so I don't think my webserver is in error. The code seems
ridiculously simple.

Head-scratcher.

Thanks for any help,
Mark