Here's a function I wrote...feel free to use it. It will convert anything
into a 2D array.

Sample Table:

ID          Name

1            Bob

2            Joe

3            Eric

4            Cody

$query="select * from sampletable";

$result=mysql_query($query);

$wholetable=ResultToArray($result,"ID");

foreach ($wholetable as $key=>$value)

{

print "$key. $value[Name]";

}

function ResultToArray ( $result , $key )

{

while ( $row = mysql_fetch_object ( $result ) )

{

foreach ( $row as $column => $data )

{

$thiskey=$row->$key;