Hmm I am unsure as my server crashed on me this morning and restarted it
self so every thing is back to normal (15meg per process)

But I can never remeber noticing a much smaller Apache process. So I would
gues at yes the parent process gets larger too.

I though it was mod_ssl causing the problem but I have commented that out
from http.conf but that made no difference

Cheers
John Wards

> Is the apache parent process ( the one running under root) getting
> larger too?
>
> John Wards wrote:
>
> >After being told off on the dev list I have posted this on this list (I
> >thought it was techie enough to go on that list but I was wrong....)
> >
> >I am running a large PHP/MySQL/Apache driven website and I am finding
that
> >the apache Processes get larger and larger as the days go on. When I
> >stop/start apache the processes are around 16-17 meg each and after a
week
> >they are about 40meg each and if we then get a large in flux of traffic
say
> >a Monday lunch time the server just pages out and dies...
> >
> >I have been on the apache list given them all my modules that I have
running
> >and they pointed the finger at PHP, I was told to change
maxrequestsperchild