Hehe why break your brain- give the class an id property - then you can
have a getid method and do something like this

$id = $this->getid();
$this->fpLog = fopen("$id.log","w+");

get_object_vars only seems to return properties so its not gonna help
you.

I'm currently working on an object thang as well and what ive done where
I have whole bunch of similar objects is to chuck them into a name=value
array as they get created so I can find them and fiddle with them again.
I have no idea if that helps you, or if its even good coding practice
(formal training - wots that?)

hey im also a n00b so don't take my word on it  - actual mileage may
vary :-P

Cheers
Will