Just as Kevin Stone said, you can either use one of these constructions:

function func1() {
  global $myarray;
  array_push($myarray,1);
}
# _or_
function func2() {
  array_push($GLOBALS['myarray'],1);
}

In fact, there is no performance decrease, because PHP will internally use the
same mechanism to access the array - as it would if you were not in a
function.

Another way would be to pass the array as a reference:

function func3(&$myarray) {
  array_push($myarray, 1);
}

but this might decrease performace (in compare to the other ways, you will not
really notice it).

Sascha