On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 01:10, you wrote:
> consider there are categories and these have IDs like
> below:
> 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64...
>
> if some data belongs to more than 1 category for
> exemple 4 and 32, its category ID will be 36, the sum
> of cat. IDs.
> i guess this is used widely in programming. so, how
> can i resolve the original IDs. i mean what kind of
> script can tell me what+what1+what2...whatN = 79?

1. To do that you should 'or' the categories when the ID's are
to be in more than one category, not add them
eg $category = $cat1 | $cat2;

2. To extract the categories within a compounded category
use the 'and' operator '&'

eg

for ($mask=1; $mask <= 64; /*or whatever*/ $mask *= 2; ) {
        if ( $mask & $category ) {
                print "Yes $mask is in $category\n";