On 9/22/02 9:08 PM, "Jason Morehouse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Example 1
>> -index.php with these links:

> all of your code in one file, I can't imagine any reason why example
> 1 would be of any use / advantage.

That's easy! Modular site building.

Ever hear of Fusebox for PHP and ColdFusion (www.fusebox.org)? Corral for
Lasso (www.corralmethod.org)? These and other frameworks allow for rapid
construction of complex sites by reusing elements and conditionally doing
things on the fly! (among other stuff)

But you are correct, search engines tend to not think sites built this way
are very deep. So "alternate" URL coding should be considered in every case!

Good luck.

--
Bill Leonard                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.machinemen.com                                            407.464.0147

XrackHosting.com - Mac OS X hosting done right!
http://www.xrackhosting.com/