Thanks Geoff,

I tried what you suggested, but now the db burps the stuff back. Perhaps, for
two lousy lines of code, I'll leave it as it is. Too much trouble to figure
why it doesn't like it without actually having the site live. Right now
everything passes through 'localhost' which has been extraordinarly 'fussy'
lately.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Regards,
Andre