the ID field in the first table can be an auto-increment field and
the second table needs to have an ID INT field that is not auto increment.
Insert into the first table, use mysql_insert_id() (or whatever it is) to
get the auto incremented value and then do your second insert using that
value for the ID field.

Tim
www.chessish.com