Nah, I'd advise against this... doesn't that mean that every time a new
provide pops up, that you have to modify the code?  And trying to keep on
top of worldwide providers would be a nightmare... there are maybe 10-15
providers in Australia alone... and one of them could drop off or another
could emerge any day.

And worse still (although it's a good thing!!!), in Australia they've just
passed legislation to ensure that you can carry your existing number to
another provider... meaning that my Vodafone prefix of 0414 can now be a
Telstra, Orange, or whatever else prefix.

The prefix's are begining to mean nothing.

What's wrong with the user typing their whole number?

Justin