Alicia Molina (ABS) wrote:

>Yes! I have restarted my server, my webserver and all.
>I have red hat 6.2 and Apache 1.3.20
>
>Alicia Molina (ABS) wrote:
>
>>I'm installing PHP 4.2.3, I have already installed version 4.0.5 working
>>without problems.
>>Once installed version 4.2.3, I'm using the order phpinfo() and continues
>>appearing the old version of PHP 4.0.5 how if it continued installed and it
>>had not been updated.
>>
>Have you restarted the webserver? You don't tell us which webserver/OS.
>
>HTH
>Chris

Either the configuration for apache remains pointed at the location of
the old installation (and your new installation is somewhere different)
or apache was compiled with php not as a module but built in.

In the second case you would need to recompile apache. I suspect it is
as a module though, Check /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf for the LoadModule
line for php4 and check that the new libphp4.so is in that directory. It
probably is not, so you need to move it there and restart apache.

HTH
Chris