On thing you could do is output <pre>tags around the text you want to
display. The <pre><> tags keeps simple formatting like tabs and new line
characters.
"Shane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
Greetings folks.

I need my carriage returns to show up in my HTML output from my text form
field.

There is a JavaScript function that will convert carriage return to <BR>
tags, but is there a PHP function that will add <BR> or <P> tags to a text
form field in place of the carriage returns a user might add.

Thanks in advance!
-NorthBayShane