pop-up windows, reminds me of the days of visual basic programming....

I know you can display dialog boxes using javascript, but not sure if they will
take a value in them, just like a confimirmation type box, like "Are you sure?
<OK> <CANCEL>"

To the point, check some javascript references out, I know there are code
repositories sitting out there in cyber-space that will have at least something
to start off of.
-Brad