Hi,

it's a great tip to install PhpMyAdmin - or phpPgAdmin for PostgresSQL -
this will only take you at most half an hour even for a newcomer.

You can then easily test queries, see any error messages and see what
result they have on tables.

In this case I'd echo out the query

echo $query = "UPDATE countertable SET CurrDate = '$ndate' WHERE ID = $id"

and try to cut-and-paste it into the query-field in PhpMyAdmin.

When you say "nothing happens" you'd probably discover that ID is a number
not matching anything _or_ that $nDate and the field are not proper date
values ;-)

Hope it helps!

Frank, U5

~~~~
PHP work!

Looking for PHP work over the net? Or would like to try to work in South
East Asia's most exiting place, Bangkok?
Then jump to http://www.u5.com/ and fill out the Developers Form.
We are urgently looking for new people in October 2002
~~~~