Yep, if you're using UNIX and compiling from source, you must add this
switch to the command line when you're configuring and compiling PHP:

 --enable-sockets

(e.g.: ./configure --enable-sockets). If you're using a prepackaged
version (RPM or Windows) then you should look into the documentation for
your version to see if this extension was included when the package was
compiled from the source.

Cheers,

Marco