> I was wondering why a session doesn't automatically get cleaned up
after
> the maximum life time? Default to 1440 (24 min) session is still there
> until I start a new session then it disappears. Is there a simple
script
> to run via cron to clean up old sessions?

That's how garbage cleanup works. There has to be a request to the
server in order to trigger the cleanup (someone has to come to one of
your pages). The gc_probability is the percentage chance the garbage
cleanup will be triggered when there is a request. You can write your
own cron script if you want, but I'd just let PHP handle it.

---John Holmes...