A C wrapper running setuid root?

I guess there's less chance of getting a 'bad' username to execute arbitrary
commands, but at the same time I wonder about the possiblity of exploiting
overflows, but that'd be much harder.  (hmm, if the C program shells to
adduser anyway the same problem is there?)

I dunno, personally I dont like the idea of _anything_ needing root..

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 3:51 pm, Tim Monaghan wrote:
> Is it better to use a c wrapper to do this? thats what Ive always done.
> Which is more secure?
>
> Tim

> Custom Programming
> Web Programming community & discussion