Well, what you really trying to do?  Validate the format of an email
address?  If so, what you really should be doing is looking for an existing
library of code which validates email address formats against the RFC
standard.

phpclasses.org is bound to have some, but I really like this one:

http://killersoft.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2

For your EXACT problem (making sure 'test.com' comes after the @), you could
use regular expressions... BUT [EMAIL PROTECTED] IS a valid email address,
so you'd be running into problems pretty quick :)

I looked into HEAPS of regexp's that claim to validate email address'...
HEAPS of them had problems that would bounce VALIDly formatted email
address... the killersoft one is the best I found...

Justin