Ok, so basically, what you are saying is:
do it yourself, or use other programms to do it for you.
The basic layout is IN the database!

I understand the way you might do it in xml, with e.g. a text element that
includes paragraph elements that might include bold elements etc.

I thought people might do it with linked tables, where the article id
referred to a linked article id that is a key with the paragraph id with
other columns being e.g. header and paragraph text.
but this might be an overkill.
Or as I said before, just plain including of html pages ( which might be
useful in framesets but not in standalone pages with sidemenus, banners
etc.)

thanks anyway.!