From: vic [mailto:siliconhype@;yahoo.ca]
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 1:30 AM
To: 'John Nichel'
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] ftp_problem - ... php_network_getaddresses:
getaddrinfo failed: ...

Could this be the problem?

>From the pho.net documentation on ftp_connect():

"

I think what some other posts were trying to say which may need
clarification is that in PHP 4.2.3, ftp_connect("myhost.com") was
failing most of the time, except it would work like every few minutes.

The fix is that ftp_connect seems to have a bug resolving addresses. If
you do:

$hostip = gethostbyname($host);
$conn_id = ftp_connect($hostip);

It seems to solve the problem.
(Other users referred to an ftpbuf() error... not sure what that is, but
this should fix it.)

"

- Victor | www.argilent.com