I figured it was something like that.

Thanks,

Dan

On Sunday, October 27, 2002, at 01:41 AM, eNetwizard Developers Team wrote:

My understanding is since $+ is illegal, PHP strips the illegal
characters from the post variables when creating the post array. I once
read it somewhere and if I recall correctly it either strips them
entirely or turns them into underscores.

-Samuel | http://enetwizard.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Tappin [mailto:dan@;wavefront.ca]
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 2:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Form element names starting with the "+" character????

I have a simple method of creating easy form processing.... I
thought....

I came up with the idea (I am not claiming to be the first) to have form
elements I want to update via MySQL starting with either "-" or "+".

Example:

+name=DAN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-notes=
id=1

The first 2 are required and will be updated, the 3rd is optional and
will
be updated and the 4th (id) is simply passed as form data.

The idea here is that I parse the $_POST variable to auto create a
"UPDATE
table SET name = 'Dan', email = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' WHERE = 1" string for
MySQL.

The issue is that if I use the "+" to indicate a required field for
error
trapping my $_POST array ends up like this:

+namD=AN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-notes=
id=1

Either this is a PHP / HTTP bug or I am up against some strange post
naming
restriction. I searched the web, the PHP site (includeing the bugs) and
could not spot an obvious reference.

Any ideas out there?

Dan