You can use the explode() function to separate the content part of the response, which is what you're interested in.

Here's a similar example that only returns the content:

http://shiflett.org/tutorials/php_post.txt

Drew Kime wrote:

I've used the example function in the 08 Jul 200 user note at http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.sockets.php and have a problem with the headers. The '$buf' value includes the headers sent by 'search.php'. When I echo it, the server first sends the headers, then it echos the contents of '$buf' which includes another set of headers, which get displayed to the page.

Is this a configuration issue, or am I missing a step?