Rick,
thanks,
I will check the lists, but I'm not sure that will resolve my problem, I
don't want to limit the display in the initial result set, I want to
have a page that lists ALL the hits above each other, and it's only once
you click through to the next page that I want to start "walking"
through the list.

Anyway, I might be missing the point you are trying to make her, so I
will first go and do some research before I ask a bunch of questions you
have already answered for me...

Ta