On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:35:27 -0500 (EST), [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Joel Boonstra) wrote in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

¦ You might try using software like phpAdsNew:
¦
¦   http://www.phpadsnew.com/
¦
¦ It has a fantastic admin interface for you and for the advertiser, it
¦ supports Flash banners, as well as everything else you want to throw at
¦ it, it's free, and it's free.  Installation is remarkably easy.

Joel,

Having got an earlier version of phpAdsNew working effortlessly once
before, when it was pre-configured into an auction package, I now find
myself struggling to get the latest version running on an e-smith
virtual domain web site. Can you or anyone else give me some pointers
on how to do it on e-smith? Having set it up according to the book (in
/ibays/southern/html/phpadsnew/, the code it wants me to use in 'local
mode' is as follows, for php:

<?php
require(getenv('DOCUMENT_ROOT').'/phpAdsNew/phpadsnew.inc.php');