possible, but wouldn't phpMyAdmin export the name with the tick marks??

CREATE TABLE foo (`where` varchar(255) NOT NULL);

Jule

On Tuesday, Nov 5, 2002, at 21:51 US/Eastern, John W. Holmes wrote:

PHPMyAdmin may put tick marks around the name, which will get rid of the
error.

`where` varchar(255) not null ...

---John Holmes...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jule Slootbeek [mailto:jslootbeek@;clarku.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 9:43 PM
To: Marco Tabini
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] sql error

Ah i see, but then why will phpMyAdmin let me use it?
it works fine on my local db with these names, but on my remote server
it refuses to create the table.

Jule

On Tuesday, Nov 5, 2002, at 21:47 US/Eastern, Marco Tabini wrote:

"where" is a reserved keyword in SQL--try changing the name of that
column to something else.

Marco

a second one for one random question.

when trying to enter this into my db:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dates;
CREATE TABLE dates (
   id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
   date varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
   at varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
   where varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
   with varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
   whereURL varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
   info varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
   PRIMARY KEY  (id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

(this is generated by phpMyAdmin)

i get this error:

ERROR 1064 at line 18: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
'where
varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
   with varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',' at line 5

where's the error?
i don't see anything wrong..

TIA,

Jule