No one replied to this message yet.
I am trying to address it again, as probably the previuos newsmessage title
wasn't very descriptive.




Hi guys,

I have very weird problem.

I have installed the PHP version 4.2.3 on the LINUX virtual server of my web
Previously I had the PHP version 4.0.6.

The error I get is very weird.
When I insert a record with the phpMyAdmin, the first 4 characters of each
field don't get saved.
Same thing happened with some data entry interfaces I coded!

The only difference I can see in the two installation (provided the php.ini
file is in the same location):

The old version 4.0.6 was installed by the server provider and my virtual
server space I can only see the .so file.
The new version 4.2.3 is actually inside my virtual server space.
Hence, the path I provided in the php configuration is different (I don't
have idea if this can influence something).

NEW VERSION (4.2.3) configuration run by me
 './configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/1.3/bin/apxs'
'--with-mysql=/usr/home/rockit/usr/local/mysql' '--with-xml' '--enable-xslt'
'--with-xslt-sablot=/usr/home/rockit/usr/local' '--with-regex=system'
'--with-iconv=/usr/home/rockit/usr/local' '--enable-inline-optimization'
'--disable-debug' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-sigchild'
'--without-pear' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans'
'--with-gdbm=/usr/local' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-versioning'
'--with-ttf=/usr/local' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd=/usr/local' '--with-zlib'

OLD VERSION (4.0.6) configuration run by the server provider
 './configure' '--enable-inline-optimization'
'--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/lib' '--disable-debug'
'--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-sigchild' '--with-gettext'
'--without-pear' '--with-regex=system' '--enable-mbstring'
'--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--with-iconv=/usr/local'
'--with-gdbm=/usr/local' '--with-dbm=/usr/local' '--enable-sockets'
'--enable-versioning' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local'
'--with-ttf=/usr/local' '--enable-ftp' '--with-curl=/usr/local/curl'
'--with-openssl=/usr/local/openssl' '--with-gd=/usr/local'
'--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local' '--with-ttf=/usr/local'
'--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local'
'--with-t1lib=/usr/local' '--with-zlib' '--enable-gd-native-ttf'
'--with-imap' '--with-mcrypt=/usr/local' '--with-mhash=/usr/local'
'--with-dom=/usr/local' '--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-zlib'

I must admit that I didn't not include all parameter as the old
installation, as I didn't know most options and thought is not needed. In
the new installation I instead provided additional XML parameter (after
installing the correspond modules, which all seem to work fine).

Hints on problem are very well welcome!


PHP General Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit:

Reply via email to