There was actually a brief thread about this last night. If you're using
Apache, you could look into suexec--this may or may not be a possibility
depending on the degree of control that you have on your server.

Marco

--
------------
php|architect - The magazine for PHP Professionals

Come visit us at http://www.phparch.com!

--- Begin Message ---
I need to chmod files which are owned by a nother user than nobody with
a php script runing from a browser.

lets say i have a file called image.gif and I want to
chmod(imgage.gif, 0777); and I want to run it as user: myuser with
passwd: passwd.

Can I do this?

Regards, David
--- End Message ---