Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this.  I am trying to use
squirrelmail on my server and I haven't been able to get file uploading to
work at all.  It always thinks that it works, but POST file uploading
never results in an actual file being created in the filesystem.

you can check out a base example of what I'm doing at:

http://www.japanesemafia.org/testpost.php

---- source

<?

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS))
{

print_r($_FILES);
echo "hi there";
die;
}

?>

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="testpost.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="1000">
Send this file: <input name="userfile" type="file">
<input type="submit" value="Send File">
</form>

---- end

that's it.  pretty much straight from the example.

the php uploads var in php.ini is set to on and the upload dir to /tmp

the permissions on /tmp are 777

-> _FILES always returns a temp name and a file size but the file never
actually appears.  Running is_uploaded_file on the tmp_name returns
_success_ even though the file is not there.

I am beginning to think that my compile is broken, please let me know if
anyone has any ideas.

Thanks
Sam Clanton