Allo,

I seem to have run into a couple of problems with a project I am currently
working on. First one is that the project has a login feature that tracks the
user using cookies. The client alas has a desire to have multiple sites and
have the login to other sites in his group seamless (in as much as he would
like no additional logging in).

Since the login feature uses cookies this requirement isn't quite
fulfilled... ok, let me be honest, it ain't filled one little bit!

The one thing I do have in my favour is that all the sites (at the moment
anyway) have the same SERVER_ADDR. Is there anyway I can set a cookie using
and IP Address rather than a URL. I have tried this with little success
(setting the path to "").

As a side note, I would like to be able to use sessions more but I am running
into some (very) peculiarities. I have a library which starts the session and
then I regester variables till my heart is content. Trouble comes when I want
to view them in another page... nada! If I do a 'session_is_registered' on
the variable it returns true so it seems to have the sessions set up just not
updating the values.. not sure. Now I can set up small two file proof of
practice examples but when I integrate into my existing project code I suffer
from all manner of wierdness .. the most notable being the complete lack of
persistence.

I know it is a bit of a shot in the dark in as much as I have provided little
in the way of diagnostic information, but would any of you bright bunnies be
able to give me some pointers as to what I might want to look into to get
more of a clue as to what is going on?

Cheers for any assistance

Kevin @TheConfused