Which built-in PHP functions would I use to move a file from one directory
into another? I'm thinking that this requires more than one function to
achieve what I want.

What approaches should I take? Do I need to copy the file into a temporary
directory first and then move it to the destination directory? Or Is it
possible for me to move the file directly from one directory into another?

The functions I read about so far are copy() and move_uploaded_file(), but
the move_uploaded_file() function seems to work only when the file is
uploaded from an HTML form, or am I wrong?

Just looking for some direction.

- Nilaab