On Tuesday 12 November 2002 20:05, Craig Buxton wrote:
> I have been trying to include an echo statement incorporating a  here
> document on pages being served by my Mac OS X (v10.1.5) and Apache (v1.3)
>
> When I try to browse test.php, which contains...
>
> <?php
> echo<<<ENDOFECHO
> hello...hello...
> ENDOFECHO;
> ?>
>
> I get a parse error. When I upload it to my ISP it works as expected,
> but again it won't work on my server. What can I change or where can I
> go for an answer.

I think it's something to do with the end of line character -- you have to use
a single linefeed character (0Ah). Try searching the archives, I think this
issue cropped up a few weeks ago.

/*
Man 1:  Ask me the what the most important thing about telling a good joke is.

Man 2:  OK, what is the most impo --

Man 1:  ______TIMING!
*/