I just realized I should have been more specific with my question.  What I
want to do is use php to submit registration data to the database and then
send part of the data to a perl script to be encrypted and sent in an email.
I have to use perl for the encryption because of user permissions on the
server-Php and GPG run as different users.  So I have to send the data in 2
different directions rather than keep it in the same script. I would like to
be able to do it without having the user do double entries.  If I can still
do this without two submits, then I guess I do need an example.

Thanks for the responses,
SW