From: DonPro [mailto:donpro@;lclcan.com]
Sent: 15 November 2002 14:45
To: php list
Subject: [PHP] Validating postal codes

Hi,

I'm trying to validate a Canadian postal code.  I've already written a
function; code as follows:

if(!eregi('(^[a-z][0-9][a-z][0-9][a-z][0-9]$)',$form["authpstcode"])) {
   $errors[] = 'You must input a valid Canadian postal code (A9A9A9) postal
code if he/she resides in Canada';
   $continue = false;
}

The above works OK if the user enters --> M2M6N6

But fails if the user enters ---> M2M 6N6  (note the space between the two
triplets)

I want my function to validate either, i.e., allow a space between the two
triplets but not enforce it.

Any idea on how to modify my test?

Thanks,
Don

MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Control
Centre.

Notice:  This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of Ocado
Limited (the "Company"). Opinions and views expressed in this message may not
necessarily reflect the opinions and views of the Company.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete all
copies of this message. Please note that it is your responsibility to scan this
message for viruses.

Company reg. no. 3875000.  Swallowdale Lane, Hemel Hempstead HP2 7PY