I don't have control of my server, it's hosted. All my content is in a MySQL
database and is outputed through a php page that selects the information
from an id variable passed through the URL...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marco Tabini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Stephen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "PHP List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Searching a Table

> Well, if you're using a database, say MySQL, you can look at FREETEXT
> indexes and queries. If you want to index your web pages, you should be
> looking at a search engine that works with your web server. For example,
> ht:dig (http://www.htdig.org/) works with Apache.
>

> Marco
>
> --
> ------------
> php|architect - The magazine for PHP Professionals
> The first monthly worldwide magazine dedicated to PHP programmers
> Check us out on the web at http://www.phparch.com
>

> On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 22:40, Stephen wrote:
> > I need to make a search engine for my site. Instead of making a table
with all the words of my content of my reviews, I need to make it simple.
How could you search a table of articles (let's say game_reviews) by
comparing keywords the user types in, to the text of the article? All the
tutorials I can find make a table with a list of words of every single
keyword...

from the person you love most." -- http://www.melchior.us