Check out DBG, which is the PHP debugger that is used by most of the IDEs out there:

http://dd.cron.ru/dbg/

If you want a free, open source, IDE to use with it, check out:

http://www.phpedit.com/

At 09:37 AM 11/19/2002 -0500, Adam Voigt wrote:
Actually, I belive you can set breakpoints and step through code with
Zend Studio. (Free download for personal use).

http://www.zend.com

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 04:35, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> hmmmm...
> I *think* PHP is platform independant for the most part, and it is not like it
> is a compiled language where you have fancy debuggers to set breakpoints, step
> through the code, etc...
>
> Why not use the functions built into PHP?
> echo " ";
> if a mysql problem: mysql_error()
>
> -Brad
>
> > Hi all,
> > please which PHP debugger is the "best one"? (fast keyboard commands,
> > variables, includes, reliability etc.).
> > Which PHP debugger works well under Windows, which under Linux?
> >
> > thanks...
> >
> > ---
> > Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
> > Zkontrolováno antivirovým systémem AVG (http://www.grisoft.cz).
> > Verze: 6.0.419 / Virová báze: 235 - datum vydání: 13.11.2002
> >

> > --

Adam Voigt ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Cryptocomm Group
My GPG Key: http://64.238.252.49:8080/adam_at_cryptocomm.asc