> For instance, let's say I put _absolutely nothing_ in the URL textbox
and
> then hit submit - the PHP still processes _without_ an error.
>
> It says:
> "Your submission -- -- has been received!"
>
> I would've thought the eregi_replace() function would've validated an
> entry
> with no characters.

Well, whether it causes an error not depends on your code. That's just
the pattern you showed. It may not match anything, so nothing gets
replaced with eregi_replace() and hence no "active link" is created, but
it may not necessarily cause an error.

Can you show me some of the code in context, with the pattern you showed
earlier and how eregi_replace is being used? Thanks.

---John Holmes...