On a few sites we have used a master include or function file containing all the
unctions required for the site...  Some of these function files may contain
30-40 functions and some pages use only 1 function from the file.

Would like to be a little more dynamic in our approach of this, and have started
moving all the functions into their own files...  for example moving connectdb()
from the functions.php file to a connectdb.php or connectdb.inc file.

Then for any particular php page, we would pull in only the functions that we
need for that particular page.  From a script/function management perspective
this would be ideal.

Questions//

What would this do as far as speed and efficiency (having to load 4 or 5
includes/requires rather than one larger include that has 25 functions that
aren't needed or used)?

Then the hard one...

Is there a way to have the PHP script dynamically pull in the required include
files?  for example, have a function at the top of each page to include any
files required as a result of functions that exist in the script...  ie: this
page uses abc() 123() and so it include/require ./includes/abc.php and
./includes/123.php which contain the appropriate functions.

OR

is there an easier way to manage what is becoming an over abundance of functions
for particular sites.

Have gotten in the habit of creating a function for anything I have to do more
than 1 or 2 times on seperate pages just to speed and simplify code from a
design and readability point of view.

Appreciate any comments.

Dave