Is it possible to return multiple values from a function?

I have a function that queries a MySQL database for column names (SHOW COLUMNS) and then I go through the values return and create two arrays - one containing column names and one containing column types.

Is it possible to return two arrays, or do I have to combine them somehow and then separate afterwards? Is there another way to do this?

The code works fine when used regularly but I need to put it into a function so I can reuse it in more than one page.

Thanks,

-Lisi