"Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schreef in bericht
> Recently reconfigured php to add in support for some extensions we were
> previously not using (Pear among others).
>
> switched to src directory, backed up config.nice
> edited config.nice to remove/alter the appropriate "--without" lines
> rm config.cache
> ./config.nice
> make (no errors)
> make install (no errors)
>
> pretty seemless...  in checking phpinfo() it doesn't show the altered
config
> line though and stil shows the original config line from when we upgraded
this
> server 4.2.2.  Is there a cache of this that needs to be deleted
somewhere?

> All the extensions and changes DID take place though and work just fine,
just
> annoying that the phpinfo() which we use to check configurations isn't
correctly
> displaying the current config.

Since the old C object files (*.o) were probably still around, a lot of code
wasn't compiled again, so your phpinfo() function probably wasn't either. To
start from scratch, run 'make distclean'. You may want to backup some files
before doing so (config.status and maybe others) or write down how you
configured PHP before.

Regards,
Martijn.