Here is what i do to parse a file with a perl script from PHP to get a
formatted output from the file :

error_reporting(E_ALL);
$cmd="/pathto/dump.pl \"".$HTTP_POST_VARS["filename"]."\" 2>&1";
$res=exec($cmd,$tab,$err);

With small files all goes fine, but when parsing a big file i get the
155 error code in $err, while PHP doesn't report any error ($tab
stays empty)
Of course if I launch the same command directly from the shell, all goes fine
even with very very big files.

Where can i find more info about that error code ? Is it returned by
perl, sh, Apache or PHP ?

Probably because of some memory limit, where can i tune that memory limit ?

I'am on FreeBSD4+Apache 1.3+PHP4 apache module+perl 5

Thanks for any help.
David.