Hi!

I have dome almost the same

$input = 'Today is a very beautiful day and the sun is shining';

$output = array();
$words = explode(' ',$input);

$cur_pos = 0;
foreach($words as $word) {
    if(!empty($output[$word])){
        $output[$word] .= ','.$cur_pos;
    } else {
        $output[$word] = $cur_pos;
    }
    $cur_pos += strlen($word) + 1;
}
unset ($word);

but i thought if there is some better way. I also tried
Marco's example and adjust it a little bit to get the same
results. And here is some benchmark i have.

with this example i get  0.0024310350418091
and with Marco's i get 0.0034389495849609s

So using two array is faster anyway. Probably of explode
speed.

--
bye,
 Uros